Top 5 Landscape Architects of 2019
Landscape architecture is the amalgamation of man-made structures with the natural landscape. This union involves the application of the artistic and scientific principles to the planning and design composition of environments of varying scale from apartment complexes to national parks to shaping the landscape of a city.
SCALE has found the Top 5 Landscape Architects in 2019 who are changing the green world one square foot at a time.
1. Ian Barker Gardens: “We want our clients to wake up every morning loving their gardens as much as we enjoyed creating them.”
Ian Barker designs founded in 1996 is a landscape design and maintenance service based in Canterbury. They are proficient in producing a complete design proposal and execution that includes all elements within your garden.
2. Eckersley Garden Architecture: “We design for lifestyle and amenity, believing both form and function should be considered and neither compromised.”
Based in Australia, this landscape design firm is established by iconic designer Rick Eckersley along with Myles Broad and Scott Leung. With a whopping 30,000 Instagram family Eckersley Garden Architecture ‘s horticulture projects have also been published in numerous magazines.
3. Cadence: “Each new project is an opportunity to transform how we interact with the environment”
Founded by Gage Couch, Cadence is one of the best landscape architecture firms in South Florida with offices in Fort Lauderdale and New Orleans, with projects ranging from high-end residential, hospitality and healthcare.
4. Topophyla: “Topophyla is an analysis and process-driven landscape design firm serving Santa Barbara, Los Angeles and the Bay Area. With an emphasis on sense of place and site-specific design, Topophyla brings a relevant and unique approach to every project”.
Founded by Eric Arneson and Nahal Sohbati is an award-winning landscape architecture company. Ridge Lane, a project focusing on the precedent for grassroots activism in dense and socially diverse urban conditions won the “Award of Excellence in Community Service by the American Society of Landscape Architects in 2017.
5. BalmoriAssociates: “The main tenet of our work is to set up a different type of relationship between ourselves and each of the elements of nature: soil, water, air, plants and animals.”
Diana Balmori founded Balmori Associates in 1990, a landscape and urban design practice focusing on sustainable infrastructures. In 2005, Balmori Associates designed the green roof of the Silvercup Studios in Queens, New York the largest scientifically monitored green roof in the United States.